Garbage & Recycling
Rules and Regulations
Regular Garbage Pickup
- Garbage is collected once a week and must be out on the curb before 7 a.m.
- If you need to know your garbage day, or you have a problem with your service, please call Local Sanitation at (409) 224-1780
- There are only two holidays that garbage will not be collected. They are: Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If your regular pickup falls on one of these holidays, please refer to our Holiday Schedule Calendar.
- Containers are only emptied once a week per container. All Trash must be bagged.
- Your fiscal address should be located on or near your container.
- Containers must be placed at least five (5) feet from light poles, fences, mailboxes, etc. They must be placed at least twenty (20) feet from a vehicle.
- Garbage containers may be ordered through Local Sanitation at customer’s request. Containers will be delivered and placed at curb with in 7 days after payment received for container. $55 deposit on cans.
- If you use a container from Local Sanitation and your container is broken or damaged, you may contact our office to have the container replaced. There is no charge to replace containers that are broken or damaged through normal use. If containers have been damaged or abused by the resident, there will be a $75 charge to replace the container.
- Burned or melted containers: Do not place hot coals from fireplaces or briquettes from barbecues in your container. They will burn or melt the container. Containers that have been burned will be replaced at a charge of $75 per container.
- No Hazardous, Toxic or Illegal substances, Tires, Paint, Batteries may not be placed in trash.
- Late fee applies after the 10th day of each month.
- There will be a $30 charge for all returned checks.
- Customers may set out 5 black 30 gallon trash bags per week.